Nuclear Newt Not on MO Primary Ballot..So Who IS?
While waiting on my non-PC Ford Windstar to have it’s overdue lube done at Kempin Automotive, I passed the time reading the January 26th weekly edition of ‘The Leader‘ (Imperial/Arnold issue). Although I am trying to keep up with the latest political news, I missed this: Newt Gingrich did not sign up for Missouri’s Presidential Primary on February 7th.
However, since the primary is non-binding, he can pick up delegates from voters who attend the Missouri GOP Caucus on March 17th caucus.
- Republican Party: Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Michael J. Meehan, Keith Drummond, as well as the aforementioned drop-outs Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, John Huntsman and Rick Perry
- Libertarian Party*: James Orland Ogle III
- Constitution Party*: None
- Democrat Party**: Incumbent Barack Obama, Randall Terry, Darcy G. Robinson and John Wolfe
* According to blog.chron.com: “Leaders for the Constitution and Libertarian parties said their presidential candidates are chosen through conventions.”
** The results from the Democratic primary, is binding and thus will count towards their delegates. Also, the Democratic Party does not have a ‘winner-take-all’ Presidential Primary in Missouri (or any State, for that matter).
1,907 comments on “Nuclear Newt Not on MO Primary Ballot..So Who IS?”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.